Pages

16 December 2009

LA LADY

First of all, Happy Birthday to my little brother, Beau! You rock.


Second off, I fly back to LA tomorrow for the holidays! So excited! And to get me even more pumped, I decided to write about a favorite LA club...
Sometimes going out just can't compete with a great party at home...BUT, I discovered the perfect alternative: both at once! ...Hollywood's after-dark stunner: My House (7080 Hollywood Blvd.)

David Judaken and Tony Daly (Mood, Crimson, Opera) re-imagined a nightclub as a decked-out, supersize modern home...aka: my new favorite Dodd Mitchell-designed hangout house! Past the front yard, step into the foyer and plot your tour:  A contemporary kitchen serving fresh-baked cookies (perfect end of the night treat) is the club's main bar (as it's a fully functional kitchen).  The furniture in the plush living room is pushed aside in the late hours to make way for a dance floor and DJ; an upstiars "master bedroom" with a leather bed functions as a more secluded hangout (including a bedroom bar); the patio holds a fire pit, and bathrobes are doled out to patrons after dips in the hot tub!


It really does throw the most fabulous "house" parties!



Share/Save/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails