Pages

29 November 2009

yikes!


Oh my, goodness gracious, mercy me oh my! It's Sunday! (I thought it deserved that drama, no?)
Maybe I only think it deserves that drama because London has been battered with this stormy weather over the last week or so. The British climate can be a bit 
limp at times, with words such as ‘light rain’, ‘drizzle’ and 'overcast’ populating our weather forecast, everyday. So when we get some real weather, I'm starting to love its' drama! When the wind is howling against my windows at night, so much so that it wakes me up, it makes me feel as though I'm not in a flat in South West London, but in a solitary cottage on a cliff top, like the house in ‘Wuthering Heights’...

Until I wake up and look outside to see commuters and buses and cars all in a hurry to get somewhere. And it's still raining.
But, honestly, I can't believe it is already Sunday! I had all these plans this weekend. They were brilliant, and involved making up for my recess from the Masters Research World, but goodness! Suddenly I blinked and here I am on Sunday, at 3pm, in my Patagonia sweatshirt and yoga pants at my computer writing a blog-post, listening to Christmas music, as I watch the rain start and stop and the sun go down.  Weeks are racing by lately.  Just when you want time to work on final projects and research, there's no time.  And dinner parties and holiday celebrations and birthday parties and top secret Christmas crafting have all passed, in a wink of an eye. Shuckles. So I have decided to dedicate the rest of this afternoon in an effort to be more organised this week. I'm hoping in between all this research, bread will be baked, booze will be drunk, snuggles will be had and home made meals will be made. :)

Cheers to everyone for a productive and enjoyable week to come!
Share/Save/Bookmark

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails